Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Martial Arts
 CombatFitness.co.uk Forum : Martial Arts
Subject Topic: Fighting Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
wutangswords
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02 May 2008 at 22:04 | IP Logged Quote wutangswords

Do you guys think people can be good at fighting without learning anything? Do you think that it is more to do with how much the person wants to win a fight rather than their skill? Whilst I recognise that a really skilled trained martial artist could probably beat up anyone who has never done martial arts do yuo guys think you can be good at fighting without ever having done any?
Back to Top View wutangswords's Profile Search for other posts by wutangswords

ah_dut
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 15:39 | IP Logged Quote ah_dut

Yes, it's called being big, strong and very aggressive. Trumps the vast majority of normal people every time.
Back to Top View ah_dut's Profile Search for other posts by ah_dut

wutangswords
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 18:21 | IP Logged Quote wutangswords

lol

Do you think a person like this could beat a trained fighter just on fighting on instinct?

wutangswords39571.765474537

ah_dut
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 19:52 | IP Logged Quote ah_dut

Depends on the level of training given and in what. A good amateur MMA guy will destory an aggressive newbie no matter how strong generally in a one on one fight of pretty much most sizes so long as sucker punches aren't involved.
Back to Top View ah_dut's Profile Search for other posts by ah_dut

sexsquatch
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Posted: 10 May 2008 at 18:48 | IP Logged Quote sexsquatch

Personally I've seen trained fighters lose to aggressive opponents who wanted to win badly enough. A big part of real fights is aggression, always being aware of your surroundings, and not stopping until opponent is FINISHED.
Back to Top View sexsquatch's Profile Search for other posts by sexsquatch

wutangswords
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 22:02 | IP Logged Quote wutangswords

Okay cool. I suppose the saying its not the size of the dog that counts, I forget the rest of the saying but basically whoever wants it most generally has a good chance.

BTW on another point, would it be possible for a big agressive person with a strong punch to beat Floyd mayweather in a fight if he's bigger?

sexsquatch
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Posted: 25 May 2008 at 19:48 | IP Logged Quote sexsquatch

The saying is "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog"  And it's possible for anyone to lose a fight to almost anyone bigger or smaller, lucky punches happen all the time.

bilsim

Posted: 30 May 2008 at 10:36 | IP Logged Quote bilsim

There's alot of things like luck, when I started Kung Fu I was nervous as anything fighting a black sash who was just blocking every strike, I went to front kick him in the leg and he blocked it with two hands and I instinctively punched him around the face as hard as I could and knocked him out! It was just instinct and being angry at the time, that said, if you lose your head in a fight, it's as good as over. If you go at someone when you're too angry you won't have a chance, you need to keep a cool head or you won't even be able to hit someone. Some people are just born lucky, naturally bigger, stronger or quicker than other people. My own belief is that if you are fighting someone bigger and stronger, you need to use speed and work around them, whilst if someone is quicker than you, you have to use brute strength and power as best you can.
Back to Top View bilsim's Profile Search for other posts by bilsim

rere
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Posted: 30 May 2008 at 14:26 | IP Logged Quote rere

bilsim wrote:
There's alot of things like luck, when I started Kung Fu I was nervous as anything fighting a black sash who was just blocking every strike, I went to front kick him in the leg and he blocked it with two hands and I instinctively punched him around the face as hard as I could and knocked him out! It was just instinct and being angry at the time, that said, if you lose your head in a fight, it's as good as over. If you go at someone when you're too angry you won't have a chance, you need to keep a cool head or you won't even be able to hit someone. Some people are just born lucky, naturally bigger, stronger or quicker than other people. My own belief is that if you are fighting someone bigger and stronger, you need to use speed and work around them, whilst if someone is quicker than you, you have to use brute strength and power as best you can.

hmmmmmm

I think martial arts is good for any man i loved my wing chun sessions and done it for a number of years i stopped because i did not see the point in doing it anymore.

great post bilsim it was thoughtful and truthful but overall it was honest.

Back to Top View rere's Profile Search for other posts by rere

sexsquatch
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Posted: 20 June 2008 at 06:06 | IP Logged Quote sexsquatch

Truthfully martial arts training is going to make you Less likely to have to fight at all. The confidence it tends to give you is often sensed even by the untrained. In my opinion an important part of martial arts/ self defense training is learning to stay out of dangerous situations thereby not ending up

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version