Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Your diaries
 CombatFitness.co.uk Forum : Your diaries
Subject Topic: Tommyboy71’s Diary Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
administrator
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 28 September 2006 at 17:21 | IP Logged Quote administrator

What I would say mate is to get a proper breakfast not a milkshake or something, you'll burn the carbs off during the day, and make sure your evening meal is just protein and veg.  No carbs after 6pm!
Back to Top View administrator's Profile Search for other posts by administrator

Tommyboy71
Training Hard
Training Hard

Posted: 29 September 2006 at 01:20 | IP Logged Quote Tommyboy71

Another successful day I would say.  I am still working on ordering my day properly, but I am definitely cutting back alot on how much I eat.  I had a salad with chicken today for an early lunch, then a protein bar around 3pm, then baked chicken, peas, and baked potato *with cheese and butter, but ALOT less than I used to use**

I know this probably wasn't perfect, but I EASILY ate 1000 calories LESS than I normally would've today and yesterday.

I rode my bike for a couple miles today for some cardio, and tomorrow morning I am hitting my weight-lifting/bwe stuff.  I've been doing the heavy duty workout every other day so far.  I figure i'll work up and increase it as I go.

I am 5' 11", or 1.8m for you Europeans here :-) and I have a very thick muscular build. So I am thinking about getting 2 44lb kettlebells.  I don't think I want the 53lbs, I want to get lean and athletic, not muscle-bound.

So anyways, that's where I am today!!

Back to Top View Tommyboy71's Profile Search for other posts by Tommyboy71

ah_dut
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 29 September 2006 at 18:28 | IP Logged Quote ah_dut

muscle bound is a myth...at least in my opinion. Very few people are muscle bound, many people are bound by their lack of mobility work.

I know it's not really happening but beware the diet, it's the primary aspect of body composition and als othe hardest.
Back to Top View ah_dut's Profile Search for other posts by ah_dut

Tommyboy71
Training Hard
Training Hard

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 01:15 | IP Logged Quote Tommyboy71

Day 4 is complete, so far so good.  I am definitely on an upward climb on fitness.  I am just now getting over the horrific original soreness after the 1st day of working out in a long time... so I am already starting to feel myself strengthening.  I can't wait to see how I feel in 12 weeks if i stick with this.

I am still drinking some soda, which I need to QUIT.  So i'm still working on that, but other than that, I would say I have turned my eating around ALOT.

Just on a side note, one of my longterm goals is to get into better shape than I was at 18.  I am 27 now and have been slowly gaining weight ever since.  I would LOVE to get down to 200-210lbs.  On another side note, I would also like to get myself in good enough shape to slam-dunk a 10ft basketball goal.  I could ALMOST do it at 18, so if I could actually get to where I could do it.. that would just make my day.  So, with that in mind, my goals are to slim down ALOT and build explosive speed and  leg strength.  

So anyways, those are my thoughts today!!

Ryan

ah_dut
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 10:53 | IP Logged Quote ah_dut

Hang and power cleans and snatches are the way to go if you wish to build your vert, along with plyometrics (such as box jumps)

Tommyboy71
Training Hard
Training Hard

Posted: 04 October 2006 at 04:24 | IP Logged Quote Tommyboy71

Well, I have a spot of goodnews to post today.  I weighed myself for the first time since I've made a concerted effort to get in shape.  And.. I am around the 255mark.  So that's 10lb's less.. so I am definitely making progress.  That also means I've lost more fat weight than that becuase I've been building muscle weight.  So I am definitely on the right track.  When I start getting down into the low 220's... i'll post a picture perhaps!

Tommyboy71
Training Hard
Training Hard

Posted: 30 January 2007 at 01:42 | IP Logged Quote Tommyboy71

Hello to everyone, i know it's been awhile since i've posted anything, but i thought I would come in and give people an update.  Well, for most of October and November, i slipped off my workout program.  I really didn't get back on track until midway through December.  But I have now been working out fairly regularly since then.

I have put alot more focus on cardio training than just weight training.  When I started running i could run maybe 1/2 a kilometer before i would get tired and have to walk.  I am now up to about 2km of running before I need a break. (I used the metric system since this forum is UK based. :-D  ) 

I am also doing lunges, ironchairs, calf-raises, 2 types of pushups, 3 various types of situps, and then i am using 25kg of weight to do military press, inverted rows, curls, and shoulder shrugs.

I have been doing this program for about 6weeks now, and I have noticed an incredible increase in my strength and endurance.  I have also increased my weight up to around 260lbs but I have put on alot of muscle.  My pants are fitting better, and I have 1 pair of pants, that used to be tight on me, and now I can slip them off without unbuttoning them.  So i am making progress. 

Since the day after Christmas, I have stopped drinking coke and eating candy.  So that has been a tremendous help to my plan.  I am just now starting to get compliments from people noticing that I am changing, so that is nice.

Well, i had hoped by this time, *nearly 5 months after i started this* to be able to give a HUGE progress report, but I got lazy for a time, so I am sorry if i dissapoint anyone.  But I am definitely changing now.  I have started tackling my bad habits one at a time instead of targeting them all at once and that seems to have made the difference between success and failure.

Tommyboy71
Training Hard
Training Hard

Posted: 30 January 2007 at 01:44 | IP Logged Quote Tommyboy71

oh, i meant to ask, concerning my workout program.  Do i seem to be hitting most of my muscles with my program?  I eventually want to add pull-ups, but I am still not strong enough to do those yet.  Once i drop a good 30lbs of fat, i will start these.  Thanks to all who respond.

ah_dut
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 30 January 2007 at 16:31 | IP Logged Quote ah_dut

no point waiting. Fat man pullups for the win (sorry, that's pretty much the only name I know). It's basically pulling yourself up horizontally with a chair or something to support your legs, raise it to make it easier/harder. You can also use the chair to support your legs for chins...

I'd say as usual it's burpees (with pressups) for a very painful win. Gets the job done painfully and quickly.

Tommyboy71
Training Hard
Training Hard

Posted: 31 January 2007 at 05:32 | IP Logged Quote Tommyboy71

so should I just add some burpees (with pressups) to my plan? or substitute them for a set of pushups and a set of situps? 

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version